The writer of Ecclesiastes said, “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.” We are now approaching the summer season when some activities come to a close and others begin. There are several ministries, however, that continue throughout the year regardless of the season.
Adult Bible Study is one example of a year around ministry. Our teachers prepare faithfully each week in order that adults of all ages have a place to connect with others in meaningful Bible study. Dale Schoenberger has served faithfully as our ABS director for the last four years, working to insure that teachers and class members have what they need each week as well as coordinating special events, such as our Teacher Recognition Weekend. There are additional leaders within individual classes who also use their gifts to support this important ministry of our church. One of the best ways we can express our appreciation to these many leaders is to be faithful in our participation and active in encouraging others to connect as well.
Most of our discipleship classes are completing their current studies and will resume in September. We are grateful for all who have participated.
- Dave Ramsey “Financial Peace University” class: There was a wonderful response to this class led by David and Tammy Jenner and assisted by Gail and Al Jenner. Marsha McAlister worked with the Dave Ramsey representative and with our publicity committee in coordinating this very successful series. If you are interested in taking this class in the fall, please let Marsha know or contact the church office.
- Sunday Women’s class, led by Gail Jenner, will resume in September, “Ruth: Loss, Love & Legacy”
- Tuesday Women’s class, led by Gail Jenner, will resume in September, “Ruth: Loss, Love & Legacy”
- Wednesday Women’s Bible Study, led by Linda Ward, is now on our summer schedule. We meet for prayer and lunch at 11:30 on the following dates: June 6 and 20, July 11 and 25, August 8 and 22. Bible study resumes September 5 (1 Corinthians).
- Thursday PM Disciple II, led by Carol Mitchell, will complete their class on June 7. This fall Carol plans to facilitate Disciple III: Remember Who You Are. This series examines the connection between memory and identity as the people of God through a study of the Old Testament Prophets and the Letters of Paul.
- Men’s Discipleship/Golfing Group resumes in June: We are currently working out details for the summer startup of this group, with Vernon Carr as coordinator/facilitator. Watch for schedule details in bulletin and on the Ministry Wall.
We are grateful to all of our class facilitators for making these discipleship opportunities possible.