August 26, 2020
Dear WHBC Community:
We are excited to announce that we will begin in-person worship Sunday, September 13th at 10:30am in the church sanctuary. Beginning that Sunday, we are also pleased to announce our worship service will be streamed live for those who are not ready for in-person worship. Our 10:30 AM worship service will be available by live streaming via the church website, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo and via phone (no internet required). For more detailed instructions visit our instructions on how to watch online.
The Church Council, the Building & Grounds committee, our ministers & church staff, ushers, and other volunteers are committed to making sure we are safely prepared by following all state and federal guidelines for your in-person worship experience. We appreciate in advance your cooperation with the guidelines below.
- Reservations are required and will be taken by the office manager by phone (757-220-5900) or email firstname.lastname@example.org up until 5pm each Wednesday prior to Sunday.
- Each participant, couple or family will indicate in which section they prefer to sit from the following nine (9) sections: organ side – front, middle, or rear; center section – front, middle, or rear; or piano side – front, middle, or rear.
- Pew cushions have been removed. Each member will need to bring a personal seat cushion to use during the meeting.
- Doors will be propped open at 10:00am and will be closed at 10:40am for touchless entering.
- Participant’s temperature will be checked at each entrance. All who enter must have a temperature below 100.4.
- Participants will enter the sanctuary by following directional signage, find their reserved seat and be seated, while maintaining safe distancing.
- All worship participants must wear masks. Masks are available for those arriving without them.
- Offering plates will be placed at each inside entrance.
- On Communion Sundays, self-serve elements will be available at each entrance. After use, please place the cup in the pew rack.
- Doors will be propped open at the conclusion of worship for touchless exiting.
- At the conclusion of worship, the ushers will guide participants to exits by row starting in the front.
Friday, March 13, 2020
Dear Walnut Hills Family,
In response to the presence of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community, and in an effort to comply with the Virginia Department of Health instruction for social distancing (especially with senior adults), Walnut Hills Baptist Church will suspend all church services and activities beginning Sunday, March 15th with the approval of the Church Council. Even with suspension, we remain church.
The Learning Center is closed as communicated through Lisa Tyler.
The Church Council will remain in communication and an update regarding church activities going forward will be provided through email each Friday by 5:00 pm beginning March 20th. Deacons will assist communicating updates by phone to those without email access.
In the meantime, plan to join Pastor Jim for scheduled live devotions:
- Sundays at 10:30 am by (conference call, see below)
- Wednesdays at 6:00 pm by (conference call, see below)
Contact information is distributed in the weekly email distribution from the church.
If you need to speak with someone while we’re in suspension:
- Jim Hunter’s mobile 757-282-8309
- Graham Cheek’s mobile 757-784-6537
- Or you may phone your deacon
May Jesus’ instruction to the inquisitive lawyer in Luke’s gospel continue to inform and lead us through this challenging and anxious time, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” (Luke 10: 27-28)
In Christ’s Love,
Your Ministry Team