Give a one-time gift, or schedule recurring giving using your checking account, debit, or credit card.
Give a one-time donation
Schedule recuring giving
Learn about Mobile GIving
Church Endowment Fund
Frequently Asked Questions
Which fund should I pick?
Online gifts can be designated towards the Budget, Mortgage Reduction or towards one or more Special Giving funds. For gifts to the budget, 6% will be sent to the Baptist General Association of Virginia (BGAV) and the 1% for the Peninsula Baptist Association for cooperative mission work in Virginia and beyond. The church adjusts these percentages as part of our annual budget preparation with input from the church through votes at business meetings. Cooperative giving is a hallmark of being a Baptist church.
The BGAV provides three different giving plans so that church members can designate how the missions component of the gift is used at the state level. These plans are known as World Missions (WM) 1, 2 and 3. Church members designate their desired plan via the annual budget pledge cards. Gifts received in the Sunday offering are allocated to the proper fund by our Financial Secretary.
To ensure that your online gift is credited properly, with regard to the three BGAV giving plans, please select the proper Budget fund from the options below when you make an online gift. For greater detail on these plans, visit www.bgav.org
- Budget (WM1) – 66% of Cooperative Missions dollars will support Kingdom Advance Virginia Missions and Ministries. This includes 2% for Partnership Missions. 34% of Cooperative Mission dollars will support world mission causes according to the SBC budget.
- Budget (WM2) – 72% of Cooperative Missions dollars will support Kingdom Advance Virginia Missions and Ministries. This includes 2% for Partnership Missions. 28% of Cooperative Mission dollars will be distributed as voted by the BGAV at their annual meeting. Items her include a combination of Virginia, SBC and CBF ministries.
- Budget (WM3) – 72% of Cooperative Missions dollars will support Kingdom Advance Virginia Missions and Ministries. This includes 2% for Partnership Missions. 28% of Cooperative Mission dollars will support world mission causes according to the CBF budget. (While BGAV no longer supports this option, we are duplicating it internally.)
- World Missions 4 (WM4) (New) – 100% of Cooperative Missions dollars will support Virginia Missions and Ministries, All of the funds forwarded to BGAV under this plan will be used for BGAV missions and ministries.
- Mortgage Reduction is a designated gift that will go directly towards reducing the church mortgage. Gifts to this fund will be applied over and above the regular payments that were established in the annual church budget.
Designated gifts can be provided by selecting the proper fund from the list available via the Special Giving Funds drop down on the Online Giving page. This allows gifts as a Memorial, Missions Emphasis (Lottie Moon, Alma Hunt), etc.
If you wish to make an online gift:
- Go to WHBC website (https://www.whbconline.org).
- Click on Give button or visit https://www.whbconline.org/give.
- Select whether you wish to set up a Recurring or One-Time Gift
- If you already have a church website account, click the Login Here button to sign in. If you do not have an account, fill in the requested info and click Submit. Note: You can create an account as part of the process of making your gift. We recommend that you create an account, if possible.
- Enter your gift by specifying amounts for each of the funds listed.
- Gifts towards the church budget and mortgage reduction can be entered directly. You can designate additional funds by selecting from the Special Giving Funds
- Gifts can be split across multiple accounts; for example, a gift can be split between Budget and Mortgage Reduction.
- Verify/update your contact information. This will update your records at the church and is also necessary to help validate the financial transaction.
- Provide your debit/credit card information or provide bank account routing information to have the amount automatically deducted from your checking account.
- Click Submit.
Keep the following in mind:
- Your personal and financial information is protected with up-to-date security protections
- Helpful information is available under the Frequently Asked Questions portion of the Giving page.
- Once your gift has been processed, you will receive email confirmation of gift to the email address associated with your church account
- If you choose to give through Recurring Gifts, you can make modifications at any time by logging into your TouchPoint account. Adjustments can be made via the Giving tab for your account. This screen also allows access to your historical giving records.
- Gifts from a mobile device also are possible; for instructions on this option see the Mobile App instructions on our Giving screen.
For further information about online giving process, contact Dave Bolt, WHBC IT Manager at email@example.com, Dale Schoenberger, Financial Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dan Gaske, Chairman of Stewardship and Finance Committee at email@example.com.
Can I setup an automatic recurring gift?
Yes, recurring online gifts to the church can help you make giving a priority in your budget. When establishing a recurring gift, you can specify the donation amount and frequency of your gift. Recurring gifts can be managed via your TouchPoint account.
Benefits of online giving for the church?
Online giving saves the church time and energy in receiving, recording and depositing your gift. Recurring gifts also help “level out” dips in giving that may occur due to vacations, bad weather and other obligations that may prevent you from giving.
Online giving vs. giving during the offering.
Online giving will not replace the traditional offering in our worship service. Instead it is an additional way to give. For many, giving is an act of worship that has always occurred in the midst of a worship service. For those that will miss the tangible act of placing a gift in the offering plate, we are considering placing “I give online” cards in the pew that could be placed in the offering plate as a physical offering connected to your online gift. Some members, due to their ministry role (choir, nursery, etc) already give outside of the worship service, others may give via their banks’ online bill pay feature. Online giving offers a new way of expressing your desire to share your resources for the kingdom.