INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
WHBC collects a variety of information about our members and visitors via a variety of mechanisms. We respect your privacy in the information that we collect but we also value your connectedness. We collect information about you so that we can effectively connect with you as a church and to aid you in making connections to the WHBC church family.
- We gather and maintain contact information (e.g. names, address, phone, email, birthdays, and anniversary) so that we can effectively communicate with you about relevant church events and opportunities. Contact information is shared with trusted church leaders such as staff, deacons, and ministry leaders so they can effectively communicate with you.
- We may track your attendance and participation in church ministries and events.
- We collect information about your financial contributions so that we can provide you annual statements of your charitable giving.
- We may collect photographs and video images of you as a result of your participation in church events.
- We collect information on insurance and medical issues (ex. Allergies) to allow us to assist in a medical emergency during church events, mission trips, retreats, etc.
- If you choose, we may collect financial information required to allow you to participate in online giving to the church.
- Our church website collects basic information about your web browser including IP address, the page you requested and other information (cookies) that is necessary for our website to operate.
WHBC is the sole owner of the information that we collect. WHBC provides the application, forms, and programs to collect and manage this information.
We will not sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information to anyone, and we will not disclose any collected information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
CHURCH MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
WHBC makes use of specialized church management software, TouchPoint to effectively manage the information that we have gathered. TouchPoint is hosted in a world-class, professionally-managed data center (Rackspace) which ensures that the system is always available and our data is always backed up. Working with these partners allows Walnut Hills to do what it does best (ministry to you and your family) and lets TouchPoint/Rackspace do what they do best (running and maintaining servers).
TouchPoint has built-in security controls to control access to WHBC data. Access to TouchPoint is controlled via user account and passwords. By default, registered users will only be able to access their own record and that of their family members. They can also update certain bits of information on their record such as their address, phone numbers, etc. With this type of user account, they are also able to print their own current year’s and last year’s contribution statements.
WHBC will provide additional access to TouchPoint for specific church leaders to better support their ministry. Examples include: Church staff, Financial Secretary, Deacons, Ministry leaders such as Bible Study teachers. Church leaders will be granted only the level of access needed to facilitate their ministry.
In keeping with laws related to the protection of minors online, WHBC cannot accept or create account information, from individuals who are under 16 years of age. Parents and/or Guardians must create an account first, and then add family members under the age of 16 to their family account profile.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
WHBC may need to share your personal information with trusted third-parties in order to provide you with a product/service offering. Examples of product/service offerings include:
- Registration for church retreats, mission trips, conferences, and annual meetings.
- Contact information that is collected as part of your service in a ministry partnership with organizations such as VBMB, PBA, Lifeway, Stop Hunger Now, American Red Cross, Community of Faith Mission and similar organizations.
- Ordering of materials for a small group bible study.
- Creation and duplication of church pictorial directories.
WHBC may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of WHBC to provide a product or service to you. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary or appropriate in our discretion to assist us in providing your product or service;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process; or
We may share aggregated demographic information with our customers, business partners, and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
WHBC does not accept or store any credit card information or bank account information. WHBC uses a third party intermediary to perform any financial information collection and transaction processing. If you, as a User, perform a financial transaction with us or our intermediary, the intermediary must request information from you. This information includes, but is not limited to, credit card information and/or bank account information.
Usernames and Passwords
Access to certain content on this site requires a username, site number and password. Your registration and/or account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. In some cases, failure to provide personal information may prevent you from accessing parts of this site containing certain confidential information.
Accessing and Changing Your Information
You can view and update your personal information at any time by signing in to your account on our site and changing your profile information.
CONTACTING THE PRIVACY ADMINISTRATOR