Stewardship and Finance
For the first half of the year, financial outcomes turned out quite good, with strong giving, lower expenses, and a surplus.
However, giving trends have turned considerably less positive since mid May. Continuation of these recent trends will make it more difficult for our Committee to responsibly approve requests for increases in budgets that come in during the 2020 Ministry Budget Request process.
In terms of the process by which the budget is created:
- Organizational leaders received 2020 Ministry Budget Request Forms in early July.
- They turn in completed Request Forms in mid August.
- SFC compiles and assesses the requests and if necessary asks for adjustments during early September.
- SFC presents a recommended budget, total and by line item, to the September Church Council meeting.
- The budget is finalized for presentation to the October church business meeting.
We hope you will undergird this process with prayer for good decisions, and with a return to the higher giving pace of earlier in the year.