Women On Mission
What an incredible time of year this is as we prepare to gather with our families and give thanks for all the blessings we receive every day from our Heavenly Father. In December we will celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. How fortunate we are to have this relationship with our Father in Heaven.
On the first Monday in November, women will come together all over the world to pray. The Baptist Women’s World Day of Prayer happens every year. It is organized by the Baptist World Alliance. It is our responsibility to tell people about the needs of women to pray for them.
Why do we do this? We know God answers prayer. When many women of the world turn to God at one time, it is POWERFUL. Lives are changed. WE encourage and celebrate unity in Christ among Baptist women of the world through prayer and service. Are you chasing the God who chases us?
- 2 – 4 Be in prayer for our ladies traveling to Eagle Eyrie for the Get-Away.
- 5 Baptist Women’s World Day of Prayer – West Hampton at 9:30 am. We can car pool from the church if there is enough interest. Call Pat Wright
- 11 BCM dinner – please sign up at Perfect Potluck.
- 13 Annette Hall: at Brenda Bass’ home, 9:30am Mission Vision: location to be determined, 10:30am Helping Hands: will meet at the home of Patty Sharp, at 2pm. Please note that this is a time change.
- 12-14 BGAV meeting – Mt. Vernon, Glen Allen
- 12-16 National Collection for Operation Christmas Child. See Leslie Baker if you need a shoebox.
November Box Ministry focus: our Homeless Shelter guests
- Men’s knit stocking caps
- Women’s knit stocking caps
- Adult underwear (various sizes)
- Adult Socks (various)
Thank you to each and every one for your continued support of the ministry box.